How to prepare for your engagement portrait session
Congratulations! Now let’s get this thing started and prep for your engagement session. Here are 8 tips to help you prep:
1. Get your hair and make up done! This could be your trial for the wedding day. Pamper yourself and feel pretty! The photographer will make sure to capture your beauty🌷
1. Dress appropriately. Choose dressier clothes. Bring a few different outfits. Pick colors that would complement each other. Please, don’t make it too matchy. It looks better if you coordinate the colors. Best colors that photograph are pastels, solid colors with not too many busy patterns or large logos. Depending on your engagement theme you can experiment with bright vibrant and playful colors.
3. BRING BUG SPRAY! you will thank me later..During summer season the bugs can get really bad…especially at the time we photograph: before sunset, early morning or in general - grassy area, forests, beach…Last year I spend a lot of time photoshopping bug bites off my clients skin and buzzing bugs of the photographs in general. It’s nice to keep them away from your experience. Speaking of great experience. Bring Bear spray, you never know where your adventurous engagement session will take us. It’s best to be safe than sorry.
4. During winter times bring cozy cute warm layers and accessories. Also a hot beverage of your choice. It gets chilly out there. With that in mind, please dress accordingly. No need to wear a summer dress in winter. Think of your best looking outdoors gear with fun winter accessories.
5. Accessorize! bring jewelry, scarfs, hats, bowties, shoes - something that is unique You as a couple. Maybe, a hand me down accessory from grandma when she was getting married, or a unique tie.
6. Also, don’t forget photo props. Think What makes your relationship special and how you can incorporate that in your portrait session. maybe you have something to photograph that is meaningful and special to your relationship? Something that would describe you as a couple and reflect your personality: creative color smoke, sparklers, champagne, picnic date props etc. How about something active that you both enjoy doing!
7. Please, be on time. It is important to meet on time with your photographer, as we are trying to get the best light of the day for you. We want to make the most of our time photographing.
8. Last but not least: HAVE FUN! you got your awesome outfits on, your hair and make up looks beautiful! now enjoy each other, relax, be yourselves and play, celebrate your love and friendship. Trust the process and I will capture those most romantic moments for you!